Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Cup of Faith - Day 3


Scripture of the Day

Ephesians 1:4 - For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. 

Proverbs 16:9 - In their hearts humans plan their course, but the Lord establishes their steps.

Jeremiah 29:11 – “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Devotion of the day

Here is another great devotion from Sarah Young's book "Jesus Calling".
 
You are my beloved child. I chose you before the foundation of the world, to walk with Me along paths designed uniquely for you. Concentrate on keeping in step with Me, instead of trying to anticipate My plans for you. If you trust that My plans are to prosper you and not to harm you, you can relax and enjoy the present moment... but your main focus should be staying close to Me. I set the pace in keeping with your needs and My purposes.

FOCUS POINTS FOR TODAY –

Question – Have you thought about what God’s purpose is for you on Earth? If you aren’t sure take a few moments and pray, asking God to show you what purpose He has for you here. If you know what that purpose may be take time to ask Him in prayer how He wants you to act on that purpose today.

Action – Try not to make plans. For today only…enjoy the present moment. If you catch yourself making plans for the future remind yourself that today you will trust God with your future! 


No comments:

Post a Comment