Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Cup of Faith - Day 25

Scripture of the Day

Matthew 1:23 - “The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel”(which means “God with us”)

John 10:10-11 - 10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.11 “I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.

Devotion of the Day

Today's devotion is taken from the book "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young. This is written from the perspective of Jesus talking to you.

Learn to enjoy life more. Relax, remembering that I am God with you. I crafted you with enormous capacity to know Me and enjoy My Presence. When My people wear sour faces and walk through their lives with resigned rigidity, I am displeased. When you walk through a day with childlike delight, savoring every blessing, you proclaim your trust in Me, your ever-present Shepherd. The more you focus on My Presence with you, the more fully you can enjoy life. Glorify me through your pleasure in Me. Thus you proclaim My Presence to the watching world.

Focus Points for the Day

Question - Do you ever think about your pleasure in God as something that proclaims who God is to the world?

Action - Try to live today with childlike delight...savor the blessings round you...tell the Lord how much you trust in Him. Allow your pleasure in God to shine to the world around you!

No comments:

Post a Comment