Monday, August 4, 2014

Cup of Faith - Day 15

Scripture of the Day

John 14:6 -  Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Colossians 4:2 -  Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful.

Devotion of the Day

Today's devotion comes from "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young.

Hold my hand, and walk joyously with Me through this day. Together we will savor the pleasures and endure the difficulties it brings. Be on the lookout for everything I have prepared for you: stunning scenery, bracing winds of adventure, cozy nooks for resting when you are weary, and much more. I am your Guide, as well as your constant Companion. I know every step of the journey ahead of you, all the way to heaven.

You don't have to choose between staying close to Me and staying on course. Since I am the Way, staying close to Me is staying on course. As you focus your thoughts on Me, I will guide you carefully along today's journey.  Don't worry about what is around the next bend. Just concentrate on enjoying My Presence and staying in step with Me. 

Focus Points of the Day

Question - I know we have talked about this in previous devotions but it is worth revisiting. Do you worry about what is around the next bend?

Action - The lesson today says that staying close to God is staying on course. When your thoughts turn to worry about something that "may" happen in the future STOP and try to focus on what we know is true. God knows every step of our journey. He wants to walk with us...hand in hand.  Talk to Him about your concerns. 

No comments:

Post a Comment